Wasted effort, I know.
Lannis has also been caught up in a whirlwind of leaving - in her case to JordanCon, because she's that type of fan.
In our collective absence, WilliamB has again stepped up to the plate, this time playing along in our little game of Eleven Things You Don't Know About Me (But Do Now).
Enjoy, and see you Monday. Promise.
* * *
I started to post answers to Sandi’s post “Cheating at Tag” then realized if I played with it a bit, it might pass as a guest post. Ever helpful that I am, I thought it worth the effort. Just ignore the fact that it took me over a month – Even After I’d Written All The Important Parts.
(See #4, sigh.)
1. I try to keep a list of all the books I read. It usually doesn’t last the year – not sure why, it’s not like it’s hard to do - but I persist in the attempt.
2. I have very catholic taste in nonfiction.
3. I do not have a husband named Seth.
4. I am the world's laziest workaholic. I think of myself as inertial: an object in motion tends to remain in motion, an object at rest tends to remain at rest.
5. Chocolate is a daily necessity. So is reading. Despite several years of good intentions, exercise is not. See #4.
6. I once beat *myself* in a cooking contest.
7. I have no allergies.
8. Be wary when you ask me a question.
(Example: a friend asked me for a 7 word letter for Greek boat. I gave her the word, the history of the boat in question, how it was used in the Pellopenisan war, how Athens used it to maintain political superiority over the other Greek city states, and how it wasn't till the late 1980s that we figured out how to make the thing work.)
9. I can tell when a word is misspelled but often can't figure out how to spell it correctly. (Pellopenisan?!)
10. I have very narrow taste in fiction but I make up for it in volume. My favorite SF/F writer is Lois McMaster Bujold. Feel free to ask me about her … but see #8 first.
11. I loathe rote cursing. Bad words should be saved for dire emergencies. Now, an imaginative curse is worth listening to. Klinger in M*A*S*H had great ones, such as "May the fleas of a thousand camels come to rest in your left armpit"
And a bonus for you-know-who:
12. I like Lannis anyway.
This time last year: Two Of Myself, And A Mystery Solved